Today we'll be reviewing the Battery Tender 12V.
Let’s see if it lives up to the hype.
- Includes 6-foot cable to connect charger with battery
- Can be attached to stationary objects (like a garage wall) by using screws
- Will not break because its made of solid plastic
- The solar panel seems to be more efficient than many other options
- It can be powered by connecting to any device that is capable of providing 4.5-v
- Can be recharged in less than 10 hours
- Comes with a 12-month limited warranty
- Cannot use a power bank with it because the battery tender brand is a bit picky about its compatibility of products
- Rechargeable batteries are better
- It is not waterproof, so you have to consider how to protect it from rain
The Battery Tender solar panel specifications can be intimidating. It seems that most of the specs are tied to quality, not just for the charge but also for the output. I suppose this is one of the reasons why the Battery Tender is one of the best solar panels for solar chargers.
The microcontroller inside this panel has a built-in temperature compensation sensor. This allows the panel to prevent charging your battery above a desired temperature. This keeps your battery from being damaged by overcharging. It also helps to prevent charging your battery at an off-peak time for solar. The entire unit also is waterproof, sparkproof, and reverse polarity protected.
The Battery Tender Solar Panel is perfect for camping or off-roading. It is also perfect for any use case that requires capacity but not the need for most of the higher specs that far exceed what you need on a solar panel.
The features of this panel include the detection of battery temperature and automatically adjusting the charge for safety. When the panel detects solar availability, it will automatically switch to a smart mode to boost efficiency and capacity.
The Pinpoint solar panel is designed for outdoor use. It is designed for use in high heat conditions and won't be damaged by extremely cold or rainy environments.
After a lot of digging around, I found this well-built, well-earned solar panel capable of outputting a maximum of 10W when it's most effective at producing power and is used the most, namely when the sun is out. The cell on this panel, technically, can output 14W, but the panel does not have the electronics to off-set this high increase until it gets close to 14W.
The Battery Tender Solar Panel is a great choice for anyone who desires a solar charger that can charge to a high capacity battery that can also maintain the charge at any time of the day, but also doesn't need to have the high technical specs that some solar panels require.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: The Best Solar Battery Chargers (2022 Reviews)