If you thought it was hard to find a digital picture frame a few years ago, it is not quite as hard since digital frames have become popular. While the concept of a digital picture frame isn’t necessarily new, the idea of a digital picture frame being something other than an expensive toy reserved for the rich and famous is a relatively recent phenomenon.
Because of this fact, you have more to pick from in the digital picture frame arena than in any other type of digital reading device. However, as would be found in any market place, there are products worth shelling out the bucks for and products that are really worth just a fraction of the asking price.
To help you sort through the morass, I’ve put together a list of some of the best digital picture frames to help you decide which one to get for your home.
|Skylight Frame||Best Overall|
|Digital Picture Frame||Budget Pick|
|Pix-Star 15 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame FotoConnect XD||Upgrade Pick|
1. Skylight Frame
- Looks great
Credit Card Slot, Picture Collage Maker, Customized Wallpapers, Timelapse Mode, Slideshow Modes, Mp3 Player, Calendar, Free Time Zone Converter, And Much More, White and Wood Frame.
If you're looking for a decent-looking photo frame that lets you display your favorite photos from your smartphone, then the Skylight Frame might be the perfect product for you. This digital picture frame has a sleek design that will sit well in your home, regardless of your interior style.
There are a few interesting features packed into the Skylight Frame, and it uses the Android operating system to offer a plethora of features. As this photo frame is Wi-Fi enabled, you can wirelessly access your entire photo library to display your most cherished photos.
2. Nixplay Smart Digital Picture Frame 10.1 Inch
- Plenty of customization modes available: You can fill it up with photos of your choice, set it to sync with your camera, or rely on its intuitive motion sensors to capture the precious moments.
One-of-a-kind sharing: You and your loved ones can share memories instantly, wherever they are. Patented instant sharing with smartphones without the hassle of Wi-Fi, plus e-mail and wireless sharing with Outlook, Google Mail, and Yahoo Mail.
Five instinctive modes to choose from: First 5 seconds Mode – the frame will snap a picture when someone enters the room; Remote Control Mode – operate the frame from your smartphone; Run Mode – your photos will move passively to the Nixplay Cloud and then be displayed randomly; Motion Sensor Mode – Automatically take photos or video automatically; and Scheduled Mode – A scheduled mode to automatically display a slideshow of photos.
Seamless connection to the Nixplay Cloud: Free cloud storage for your captured images. For extra peace of mind, you can use the integrated backup feature to back up photos on a daily basis to your PC, then easily restore them to your smartphone.
3. Scishion 10.1 Inch 16GB WiFi Digital Photo Frame
- Strong wifi connection
- Budget-friendly price
- Good size screen
- Can read micro sd cards
- Elegant appearance
This Scishion 10.1 display digital photo frame is one of the best digital picture frames on the market.
It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can store thousands of digital photos.
It has a very clear, high-quality display with a high resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The manufacturer also says that the image has a wide viewing angle, up to 178 degrees horizontal and vertical.
4. Pix-Star 15 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame FotoConnect XD
This photo frame is one of the best you can have. It has a Wi-Fi that allows you to connect it with a smartphone. It’s very easy to use and connect with your devices.
You can use Wi-Fi to connect your frame with your PC or Mac. You can also use wired connection using the Video Cable / USB Included .
You can not only enjoy pictures you take with you on your smartphone but also enjoy the amazing features provided by this frame.
- Big size
- Multi functional
- Smart phone remote
- Automatic backup
- Easy to use
- A bit expensive
An Amazon's Best Seller and with very good reviews, PhotoSpring Digital photo Frame is a nice choice if you're looking for a nice digital photo frame. This 10 inch digital frame features a large capacity of 16GB and the manufacturer claims it can store more than 15,000 photos, which is a huge number.
This photo frame is very easy to use. It comes with a manual to guide you through the video tutorial for setting up the frame. With the Smartphone app, you can share your photos easily. The picture and video resolution is also good, which makes the images stand out. It also has an HD IPS screen, which makes the images brighter and more vivid. The frame also features a very nice battery, you can use it continuously for 30 days because it uses a Li-ion battery.
Overall, this looks like a very good digital photo frame. It supports various video and photo formats and the touch screen is responsive. You can also use the frame as a digital clock and weather station. You can also set it to automatically upload your photos from your computer.
6. Dragon Touch WiFi Digital Picture Frame 10 inch IPS Touch Screen HD Display 1920×1200
- It supports a lot of image formats
- Available in 10 inches and 1.8 inches
- Supports a lot of video formats
- You can also check the status of the battery of the device on the app
- This device’s frame is made of aluminum and it is non-slip
- It also has a black border
- This device has an e-book reading zone with an external antenna
- The brightness of the display of this device is adjustable
- This device can connect to your other devices via Wi-Fi
- This device does not support the users’ Android phones or tablets
- It is quite heavy
- It comes with 10.1 inches of screen only
7. 10 inch Digital Picture Frame
The 10 inch Digital Picture Frame with 1920×1080 IPS Screen Digital Photo Frame Adjustable Brightness, Photo Deletion, Timing Power On/Off, Background Music Support 1080P Video, SD Card and USB reader Supported with Dual 2 W CR-123A Batteries's digital display looks pretty vivid. It can change its brightness to show photos in detail.
It supports a lot of different types of picture formats including JPEG, BMP, PNG, and GIF.
The 10 inch Digital Picture Frame with 1920×1080 IPS Screen Digital Photo Frame Adjustable Brightness, Photo Deletion, Timing Power On/Off, Background Music Support 1080P Video, SD Card and USB reader Supported with Dual 2 W CR-123A Batteries is a great frame to use for digital frames at home, in the office, schools and more.
8. Nixplay Seed 10 Inch WiFi Digital Picture Frame
- Automatic uploads to social media sites
- Enlarges photos
- Durable stainless steel frame
The Nixplay Seed is a 10-inch digital frame that comes with a 10-inch glossy screen to display all your favorite photos.
One of the unique features of this digital frame is that it can connect to your home or local Wi-Fi network, which means that you can conveniently share photos from any device, anywhere, at any time.
You don’t have to worry about transferring your photos to a computer, plugging your frame to a charger or waiting until it downloads your pictures.
9. Feelcare 15.6 Inch 16GB WiFi Digital Picture Frame
- You can remote control the frames from anywhere
- Good build quality
- Perfect performance
- fashionable and small size
- Got a problem with a defective screen frame
- The size screen isn’t large enough
- No GPS built-in
- It doesn’t have multiple language support.
The Feelcare Digital Picture Frame is perfect for you to share your pictures with your family and friends online. You can use a computer, camera or a smartphone to take a photo and upload to the Internet to share to the frame. And then, you can enjoy, watch, and share these pictures with your friends. You can share some pictures with your friends if you don’t want to make it public. This digital picture frame is also a perfect gift for family, lovers, friends, wife, parents, grandparents and others.
This product features a 15.6–inch HD IPS touch screen display. It supports HDMI V1.4, USB, SD and TF cards.
The resolution of the screen is 1920×1080 high definition. It is a wonderful choice for sharing online without lacking any definition. The size of the screen is large which makes it easy to see the picture clearly.
10. Aluratek 7 Inch LCD Digital Photo Frame
- High-resolution screen
- Simple and Easy to use
The ADPF07SF photo frame is an improvement over the company’s older models in every aspect. The box includes the photo frame, a user manual, and a USB cable.
The auto-autosave slideshow features lets you set it up to automatically show pictures or videos and it supports a variety of file formats, including JPG, BMP, GIF, and AVI.
It also supports USB and SD/SDHC flash cards and you can choose for individual pictures to play on the screen or set it to loop through a list of specific photos or videos.
11. PhotoShare Friends and Family Smart Frame
- Family photo frame
- Digital frame
- Stores more than 5,000 pictures
- Not as compact as other frames
- Might be a pain to update with new photos
- Can't play the built-in music
The PhotoShare frame is a modern family photo frame, a digital photo frame, and a Wi-Fi connected digital picture frame that lets you send photos from your phone to a TV via the app. For example, you can take a picture, send it to the frame, and then share the photo, or ask a friend to send you a photo.
It comes with a large 8" screen, and it can display up to 2160px by 1440px of resolution in full HD 1080p. You can save up to 5,000 photos and videos, and run slideshow mode to display the photos automatically.
Another great feature is the screen mirroring function that lets you watch your favorite movies and videos on the frame by playing them from your tablet or smartphone. Also, this frame supports Bluetooth and the wireless mouse, so you can surf the Internet or text message on the frame without having to buy an extra keyboard.
12. Feelcare 7 Inch 16GB Smart WiFi Digital Picture Frame
- Touchscreen operation
- Auto slideshow
- Strong WiFi signal
- Supports Android And iOS and Skype video calling.
- Remote control is not wireless.
- Chinese instructions in English can be a little difficult to understand
- Win10 PC software a little rough around the edges.
- iOS App uses a lot of cellular data. Tinycon requires that you port forward on your router to work.
13. MRQ 14 Inch Full HD Digital Photo Frame Native 1080P High-Resolution IPS Screen
- Looking for the best digital photo frame for any occasion? The MRQ 14 Inch Full HD Digital Photo Frame has a lot of features to go through.
- This frame is native 1080p High-Resolution IPS Screen, which means the quality of the picture it shows is top of the line with up to 5 million PPI, the level of a professional DSLR camera.
& HDMI, and Built in 500M-PPI 5MP Digital Camera, 4:3 Aspect Ratio, 2.4GHz Wireless Remote, Tool Free Set Up, Stand, Wall Mount, Security Lock, Parental Control, and White
Since last digital photo frame received a lot of praise from customers, the manufacturer decided to make it in a bigger size. It is 14 inches large, which is a bright and clear display.
Another feature is motion sensor, electronic picture frame. Thanks to it, the photo frame can automatically rotate the image and switch between picture and slide play every few minutes.
14. Micca 8-Inch Digital Photo Frame
- Small and uniquely designed frame
- Easy set up
- Good quality frame for the price
- Has remote
- Large screen
- Looks great on a desk
- Easy to use
15. Dhwazz Digital Photo Frame
- Extra Large 8 Inch Screen (16:9 Aspect Ratio)
- High Resolution 1920×1080, IPS Panel
- 250 cd/m2 Brightness, Reader mode
- Built-in slots for TF/SD card, USB
- Mpix 8 inch Wifi Digital Frame Adjustable
- Built-in speakers, stereo sound
- Instantly Share Photos and Videos through APP
- Cut your photo to any ratio as you like
- USB 1, USB 2.0 host, can charge your devices
- High capacity battery, player/recorder
- is not connected to the internet by itself, so you must download this app and connect it to your wifi network if you want to easily view your photos on this device.
Home Decoration, Up to 1920×1080.
The DwhaZZ digital photo frame is an amazing device which displays all your photos perfectly with its amazing 8 inches screen. It allows you to connect with any wifi network around, so you can easily share photos with your closest friends on it.
This DwhaZZ digital photo frame can make your moment more alive and shareable, which is very interesting. If you share your photo with it, it will automatically pick up your location, so that it can put them into a slideshow according to the location they are taken.
16. Digital Picture Frame
- Better sound quality
- Photos are crisp and clear
- Slow and stabile software
- Could use better patching
The Crosstour Electronic Photo/Music/Video Frame is a good balance between quality and price. With an extra-wide screen, 1332×768 and plenty of programmability, it’s a great choice of frame for your memory or files.
It supports multiple file formats, including video, music, and photos. The photo resolution is up to 3338 pixel lines, which makes for reasonably-sized photos. You can also change the viewing aspect, if you want to see your pictures on the digital image frame as square or rectangular.
The feature that we really liked about this frame is the sound. It improves considerably over other frames, like the Samsung we tested. It’s louder, without any distortions.
17. LOVCUBE 8Inch Digital Photo Frame
- Motion Sensor
- Remote Control
- No internal storage
- Single Design
The 8-Inch Digital Photo Frame by LOVCUBE is a nice way to share the best pictures and moments of your life with your family and friends, regardless of the distance. It comes with advanced features, including a remote control for easy operation.
You can also zoom out and zoom in on the displayed images with a simple touch of a button.
The LOVCUBE Digital Photo Frame has a display resolution of 1024 x 768, which makes it just as good as a desktop or laptop computer.
18. DBPOWER 10 Inch Digital Picture Frame
- Easy to use interface
- Looks very sharp in daylight
- Interface and menus are easy to use
- Built-in speakers are great
- Beautiful pictures
- Great screen resolution
- Touch screen is responsive
- Supports SD cards
- Nice timeless design
- It is only compatible with the desktop and configuration interface is only available via a computer.
- Many families like giving grandparents and older parents the gift of pictures, which helps them remember the family they live far away from and helps them feel much more connected.
- If you like this idea, you should definitely consider getting them a digital picture frame like the DBPOWER 10 Inch Digital Picture Frame, which offers a great way to display pictures and comes with plenty of other extra features.
- The DBPOWER 10 Inch Digital Picture Frame is a large-sized digital photo frame that features IPS panel technology for great display in daylight and its 1280×800 high resolution ensures that pictures look sharp.
The DBPOWER 10 Inch Digital Picture Frame comes with a remote control and can support SD/SDHC/SDXC cards and USB drives. A cool thing about this digital photo frame is that it supports MP4 function, which means that you can display some of your videos and recorded moments.
19. Digital Photo Frame
- Touchscreen interface
- Built-in audio
- Text, photo, music, and calendar display
The POLYTRON PHT-765D is a 10-inch digital picture frame that comes with a touchscreen interface with a 1,080p high-definition LCD touch screen.
This high resolution photo frame is available in two colors: white or black.
20. Digital Picture Frame 1280×800 16:9 IPS Screen Photo Auto Rotate
- Large Screen
- Durable Connection
- More room for pictures
Ever since we reunited with our old friend the digital frame, we’ve seen many new models hit the market. And since we’re always one day early, let’s rate the best pictures frames of 2019.
The Digital Picture Frame 1280×800 16:9 IPS Screen Photo Auto Rotate, Background Music, Support 1080P Videos, Auto On/Off Timer, Calendar, Alarm Clock, Include 32GB SD Card(7 Inch Black)
This frame is larger than most in the market, measuring 7 inches diagonally, which means you can put more pictures on it.
21. Meural Canvas
The Meural digital picture frame MC227BL has been updated to the new and improved MC227BW with a new design, faster processor and better overall performance. Still, both of the mentioned frames are pretty similar.
What makes Meural frames so special is the fact that it allows you to create art with your own photos. It is basically a gallery that showcases different works of art created by users of the Meural app. What makes Meural frames better than other digital frames is the fact that it requires no ongoing subscription fees.
It is a high quality product that comes at a premium price. This is why we recommend that you only purchase it if you’re an art lover who is willing to spend a bit of money on something that is not purely functional.
22. BSIMB Digital Picture Frame-Upgraded Digital Photo Frame 8 Inch 1024×768 Hi-Res Display Electronic Photo Frame
The BOSSMART Digital Photo Frame features a modern stylish design that’s both practical and aesthetically pleasing, making it a great addition your home or office. Its vibrant display and multi-photo functionality make it suitable for a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, such as family rooms, dens, bedrooms, gardens and other common areas of the home.
The built-in speaker enables you to output music or play audible alerts from the frame, making the digital picture frame an extremely versatile product.
It is powered by USB cable or 4 x AA batteries, and contains additional slots in the rear for photographic cards and USB. Its sharp and bright oled display features a large viewing angle and fast response time offering a pleasant viewing experience.
23. Sylvania SDPF1089 10-Inch LED Multimedia Wood Finished Digital Photo Frame
- Very affordable
- Comes with numerous modes: digital photo, nature, music, and slideshow
- Not very durable: breaks easily
The Sylvania 10” Digital Picture Frame with 2 GB memory is best known for its affordability and flexibility. The USB port makes it very easy to transfer photos from your computer or camera, and it is equally easy to store more pictures thanks to the 2 GB internal memory. This makes it possible to load hundreds of pictures on the frame and never have to worry about running out of space!
The remote control that comes with the frame makes the onscreen navigation easy and effortless. The Sylvania 10” Digital Picture Frame comes in three colors: black, white, and a wood-finish. This frame isn’t the prettiest one on the market, but it’ll cover your wall with pleasant, harmless images that’ll brighten up your home.
One of the downsides of this frame is that it isn’t the sturdiest one out there. The frame broke one or more times for some customers which is something to consider if you tend to handle things roughly. Fortunately, the customer service is amazing, and you can always get a replacement frame if you experience the same problem.
24. NIX Advance 10 Inch USB Digital Picture Frame
- Can display photo albums
- Photos can be uploaded to Google Photos
- 3 pre-installed languages
- Quality issues
- No SD slot
- No wall mounting
- No interface support
If you’re looking for an extremely affordable photo frame and don’t mind its lacking features, the NIX Advance 10 Inch USB Digital Picture Frame is a decent choice.
The NIX Digital frame is an interesting little device that is able to automatically rotate its images, has a motion sensor that responds to your presence, and can display images from your Google Photos account directly via a USB connection.
It comes with a touchscreen that is built into the device; it’s not a touchscreen-enabled photo frame like the more expensive HD wide screen ones. It’s primarily a touchscreen frame for those who don’t want to fuss with anything technical.
25. 17.3 Inch Digital Picture Frame 1920×1080 16:9 Ratio Screen
- Easy to use
- Reasonably priced
- Great image quality
- Good sound quality
- Auto on/off
- Remote control included
- Includes power adapter
- Good backlight
- Perfect as a gift
- No extra features that would be more work to set up than to leave alone, and therefore become annoying
Cold/Cool Fighting Rate Up to 2 Degrees, 2 Speakers, Remote, USB Port, SD Card Slot, Support USB/SD/USB-C Ports.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best brand of digital photo frame?
If you want to have a second display unit in your room, the biggest question that arises is which would work to your advantage. When looking for the best brand of digital photo frame, you need to consider factors like size, screen quality, dimensions, and ease of use.
For simplicity and ease of use, look for smart frames, which merely require you to connect them to your wifi via an app. This will enable you to upload pictures to be displayed through the frame and can also enable you to search and share pictures online. Alternatively, you can also use a simple digital photo frame without the smart features that allows you to insert a memory stick or SD card with pictures stored on it. However, you will have to sort photos on your own.
Are digital photo frames any good?
Nearly every tech enthusiast has played with digital photo frames. And many of them concluded that they’re just an overpriced model toy. However a digital photo frame is not to be taken lightly. It is a legitimate digital display hardware, and the modern versions are usually much improved.
Many people are still wondering whether they should bother with a digital photo frame when conventional frames already exist. There are a few reasons why digital photo frames can be good for you.
What is the largest digital photo frame?
The most durable photo frames are either made of metal or plastic. They can handle drops or even harsh chemicals. Look for a model that has a hardwood backing and glass front.
The all-metal frames are more rugged and durable than the soft plastic frames. However, they can be very heavy and not easy to take with you when you travel.
When it comes to digital photo frames, size is important. But it’s also important to have a frame with the appropriate resolution to make the pictures look great. Typical photo frames have a resolution of 800×600 pixels, but some have up to a 1024×768 resolution. You can opt for a 16:9 aspect ratio too, which is the same ratio you get from HDTVs. But if you do wish to get a frame that supports 1080p, be sure to check that it has the HDMI output to make it happen.
Can I transfer pictures from my Iphone to a digital picture frame?
There are no extra cables or hardware required to transfer pictures from your iPhone to your digital frame. All you need to do is download any photo application such as Picasa, which you can find an app in the App Store. Then just select the photos that you want to display on the frame and upload them to frame. The entire process is as simple as sending a photo via Bluetooth to any person your contact.
For the best overall choice, we highly recommend the Sonoma Photo Smart Frame (it's our Editor's Choice). It comes with many outstanding features and options, and is one of the most affordable. It includes AMOLED technology that is now standard for a high-end digital picture frame, great sound with built-in speakers, high resolution, a variety of photo options, and a photo sharing feature that's terrific.
|Skylight Frame||Best Overall|
|Digital Picture Frame||Budget Pick|
|Pix-Star 15 Inch Wi-Fi Cloud Digital Photo Frame FotoConnect XD||Upgrade Pick|