Looking for the best drones for kids? You’re in luck! –
|Holy Stone HS210 Mini Drone RC Nano Quadcopter Best Drone||Best Overall|
|98K Hand Operated Drones||Budget Pick|
|Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone||Upgrade Pick|
1. Holy Stone HS210 Mini Drone RC Nano Quadcopter Best Drone
- Great for beginners
- Fun to fly
- High quality camera
- Can take videos
The Holy Stone HS210 is an updated version of the HS100, which was another great choice for kids over the years.
It’s easy to fly, has a good design, and a camera that can take decent pictures and videos. It is great for learning to fly and has a Return Home function which makes it very safe.
The camera shoots 720p at 30 frames per second. It’s not great in low light, but it’s good for what it costs.
2. Force1 Scoot Hand Operated Drones
- Fun for the whole family
- Fully functional IR Headlights
- Portable for indoor or outdoor use
- Distraction Free for Easier Tricks
- Not as durable as the Hubsan Nano Q4G
- Low Flight Time
Drones used to be expensive and hard to come by, but these days they are getting more and more accessible by the average Joe, and the Force1 Scoot Mini Drone is no exception. The Force1 Scoot is our top pick for Best Beginner Quadcopter simply because it is so easy for first timers to fly.
The LED Headlights are unique to this drone, and they are very cool for use in the dark and create a light effect that the rider can follow as the drone moves. The Force1 Scoot is fairly durable and is built to withstand a rough landing.
The Force1 Scoot has a great inbuilt stabilization feature, which is rare in drones of this size. The Force1 Scoot is great for beginner pilots and is a good buy for teenagers and adults.
3. Potensic Upgraded A20 Mini Drone Easy to Fly Drone
- Great gift for kids
- Long flight time
- Auto Return and Headless mode
- Easy to fly
- Low flight modes
- Short Range recording
The Potensic Upgraded A20 is a great mini drone for kids featuring a 2.0MP camera with photo capability. The camera allows you take photos and videos, which can be stored in a micro SD card.
This quad-copter drone is fitted with a 4 rotors system for easier flight, with synchronized lights for up to 8 minutes of flight time. It also has features like fall detection and 360 rolls.
It’s recommended for children over 14 years old.
4. SNAPTAIN H823H Mini Drone
This is one of the best drones for kids. It ’s a great first drone for beginners. It is also fun for kids and for adults as well. The drone is small and compact.
It is very simple to take off and to land. Its flying time will last about 6-8 minutes. It is recommended for kids who are at least 14 years old.
It has a smooth landing and it is very stable in the air. The LED lights on the front help it to be seen.
5. SANROCK GD65A Mini Drones
- Good durability
- Easy to use
- Good for both beginners and advanced pilots
- Arrived quickly
- Includes spare parts in the package
- Good for both indoor and outdoor use
- Features altitude hold
- Includes a holder for preventing accidental falls
- Great for kids and adults who want to learn how to fly a drone
- Smaller than expected
- Doesn’t come with a remote control
By now, you probably have seen many drones online and are wondering what is the best Drones for kids in 2020. Well, just like you, I was also wondering which drones to choose for my kids.
I did a thorough research online, and my final choice came down to the SANROCK GD65A Mini Drones for Kids and Beginners, RC Helicopter Indoor Plane Support Headless Mode, Altitude Hold, 3D Flip, One Key Return, with 2 Batteries, Great Gift/Toys for Boys and Girls.
This helicopter drone is great for both beginners and advanced pilots. Its lightweight makes it ideal for beginners and children. The most important feature of this drone is that it contains an Altitude Hold function.
6. DROCON Mini Drone
- Good flight time
- Easy controls
The DROCON Scouter is a beginner drone that is ideal for kids around the age of 8 and up. It features a headless mode to keep flight orientation simpler and easier. In addition, the drone has 3D flips that make it easy to get used to piloting.
The Scouter has a built-in altitude hold feature that takes all the guesswork out of flying. Furthermore, it also has the self-rotating 360 degree eversion that allows the drone to perform stable aerials and flips.
The Scouter is built with a 4.3 centimeters colored and adjustable LCD screen on its controller. This enables you to adjust the settings of the drone while in the air. Controls are simple and easy to grasp. You can increase/decrease the speed, do flips for 360 degrees, turn in the drones’ direction, and it has an auto-hovering feature, too. Note: this drone does not support a GoPro helmet mount.
7. 98K Hand Operated Drones
- Incredibly affordable
- Durable and easy to maneuver
- Each drone weighs just a couple of ounces
- It takes a while to figure out how to make the drone hover.
If you are looking for something to give to a little one, consider taking a look at this mini drone. It’s a drone that’s built for fun and exciting flights that will offer hours of entertainment to little ones.
It comes with bright LED lights that can be seen from a distance. Fly it at night and watch the lights light up your home in a beautiful display. You may even be able to stop the kids from fighting if you put this before them.
8. DROCON Drone
- Beginner friendly
- Doesn’t have many features
- Battery life could be better
This drone is just what you’re looking for if you have a kid that’s starting out flying a drone. It comes with an HD camera, headless mode, one key return and thousands of R/C flying enthusiasts give this a great review. The price is ridiculously low for what you’re getting, and we especially love the quick charging and it’s extra battery powers which can get another 20 minutes of flight time. The LED light is a nice feature, too, as it will allow you to see the drone better in dark environments.
9. Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone
- Easy to Use
- Fast flying
- High-Quality Camera
- Excellent Price
- Great range
- Battery Life
- No GPS
- Stock software is limited
The Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone is a great choice for newbies who love to travel. It’s racing drone, so it’s smaller than regular drones. Don’t let its size fool you; this drone packs a punch.
The HS110D FPV RC Drone is also a great gift for kids who love playing with drones.
This drone can be controlled using the VR gear or the app available to iOS or Android. The app is compatible with IOS, Android, and Windows devices. This way you can put the drone wherever you want even if you are miles away.
10. Drone for Kids
The SpaceKey is a cool FPV drone made for kids. It comes with a HD camera and a variety of exciting features.
It is very easy to fly and is controlled using the app, and motion gestures which might be a hit with younger kids.
The stabilization on this drone is built-in. The drone itself can be switched between the following features at any moment:
- Headless Mode: ForwardRightBackward and Left
- Altitude Hold Mode: No need to control the throttle, the drone will hover at a set height. Ideal for beginners
- Based: Can get it to fly in Rotationally, like a compass in its quadcopter design
- 360° Flip: The drone flips either left or right
- One key return Home: The drone can be launched with the app, and the drone itself has the ability to record HD video and take photos.
11. Dwi Dowellin Mini Drone
- Small and lightweight
- Best drones for kids
Another one of our favorite drones is the Dwi Dowellin Mini Drone for Kids. First of all, it is extremely easy to fly (even with just one hand) and the propellers are protected by a flexible and durable frame, meaning it’s incredibly unlikely that you will break it in any accident.
It has small and lightweight about 2.4 ounces. It doesn’t require any problem to fly it indoors and can also fly outdoors as long as the wind is minimal and particularly if it’s during the afternoon.
12. Holy Stone HS160 Shadow FPV RC Drone
- Control range of 100 ft
- Great for acrobatics
- Not waterproof
- Short battery life
Another drone I’m a huge fan of is Holy Stone’s HS160 mini drone. This guy does a nice job at capturing aerial views of our amazing planet. I’ve been using it for quite some time now and I really love it.
The built-in 720p camera performed very well and the live video feed let me keep an eye on what was happening from the ground. Air pressure altitude hold provides stable flight and hover the same spot, allowing you to take steady shots and capture nice videos.
All you have to do is charge up your 1S LiPo battery, install it in the drone, and it’s all systems go. The controls are smooth and the quadcopter is quite responsive, making it very easy to fly.
13. DROCON Ninja Drone
- An inexpensive, yet featured-packed drone
- A fun drone with a headless mode
- Features altitude hold
- An easy to use transmitter
- A simple to operate and stable drone
- Features an on-board camera
- Good for light-footed pilots
The DROCON Ninja FPV is one of the newest, yet cheapest in our list of drones for kids that we recommend. It features a low-noise design, and it comes with a camera that lets you take really cool selfies.
The DROCON FPV is a unique drone that looks like a mini army tank. It is constructed with carbon fiber. Which means it is lightweight and very durable. It is also easy to fly. You will have fun with this drone as it rolls and flips gracefully.
This drone is very stable, and it comes with adjustable sensitivity control to fine tune to your taste. It also features a headless mode so that you don’t need to worry about its direction, but leaving the controller to worry about. It also features a six-axis gyro for stability and responsiveness.
14. HASAKEE FPV RC Drone
- It has space lights
- Flying is great
- Holding the altitude is easy
- The trainer remote is very well done
- The drone is very durable
- Can withstand a crash
- Footprint to ground clearance
- Replaces batteries
- Wind steals the height
- Kids might not know how to fly it
- It’s hard to tell exactly which direction it’s facing
- It’s not that fast
- You can’t fold up the drone
Some features for you to consider:
- LEDs on the controller so you can tell which way it is facing
- The most important thing – it’s a learning experience!
- Use it often and in less than ideal conditions to learn how to fly it
- Use the trainer remote to see if the drone is turned on
- Keep it away from pets and people
- Keep the battery charged and swap it out before each flight
- Use it in small areas so you don’t lose it
- The app needs to be updated
- Wind sock must be in place
- Uses batteries faster
15. Drones with Camera
- Fairly easy for a beginner to fly
- Works well with VR goggles
- Has 6-axis Gyro
- Comes with a mini screwdriver for adjustments
- No extra batteries
- The camera doesn’t take very good pictures, but this drone is a lot of fun to fly anyways.
Failsafe, Gravity Sensor Function, 3D Flips for Fun and VR Headset, 2 Batteries.
The AKASO A21 is an easy to control beginner drone that makes learning to fly incredibly easy. With one touch takeoff and landing, this drone is perfect for beginners, and the camera holds a decent amount of charge. This also limits the performance, but that’s part of the trade-off.
If you’re looking for a camera drone under 100 bucks, this is a great pick.
16. Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone 2.4Ghz 6-Axis Gyro 4 Channels Quadcopter Good Choice
- Made with foam and thus lightweight and durable
- Suitable to be used in the house and outside
- Took me about 10 minutes to fully assemble and fly for the first time
- A bit noisy
- A bit expensive
17. Super Joy RC Drones
The unboxing is straightforward. You receive the drone, remote control, a spare blade, instructions, a charging cable, and two additional stickers.
The control of the machine is super simple. You hold the alt-switch on the remote and the on/off button to bring it to life. Then you pull and release the right stick to lift it or to take off. Pressing the left stick forward allows it to fly toward you and back. Pressing it to the left or right turns right or left. Pressing the left stick down lets you land the drone. That’s really rocket science. Taking off and landing was a breeze.
18. RC Drone
- Has a long range
- Easy to learn and fly
- Headless Mode for beginners that will help you to fly easily
- Good stability
- Batteries and charger are not included
- The low cost controller might be too light and you will need a new controller to fly this
3D Flip with 2 Batteries.
This starter RC drone is very popular among kids and beginners because it is cheap and has great functions for beginners. You can learn how to fly a drone easily with it due to its Headless Mode which helps beginners to fly more stably.
It’s equipped with headless mode, one key return, and powerful LED lights which make it easy to fly at night. The control distance is also very far which makes it possible to fly it at outdoor even if there are obstacles and trees.
19. Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone
- Holy Stone “ one of the most popular drone makers with many positive reviews and reviews and great prices.
This is one of the most popular models, and many people are very pleased. If you’re a beginner who wants something easy to fly, then you can’t go wrong.
The Holy Stone F181C includes a 1S LiPo battery, the most common battery type, as well as a USB cable, and a 2 GB memory card.
20. Veken Mini RC Drone Quadcopter
- Built-in LED lights to assist with flight orientation
- Remote control is light weight and easy to use
- Helicopter is lightweight yet sturdy
- 3D-flips and headless modes make it easy to learn
- Automatically hovers when you release the joystick
- Easy to charge in small spaces
- Good for kids and adults
- Flight time is a little bit short
- At this low of a price, I wouldn’t expect much in terms of range.
Over 1,200 Customer Reviews.
21. Mini Quadcopter Drone
- 6-axis Gyro stabilization system provides highly stable flight and easy operation, allows you to take images and videos from various angles
- 360 Degree Flips&Rolls at the touch of a button; A key 360 roll makes it a fun toy for both adults and children to enjoy. Beginners can flip and adjust the sensitivity according to their needs
- Headless mode: allowing the quad to be flown anywhere, regardless of its position. This is an excellent function for beginners who are learning to fly
- The F36 Mini RC Drone comes with 2 Batteries. Perfect for beginners who want to enjoy flying, and easily replaceable. The spares are also affordable, ensuring that you'll never have to worry about drone downtime
- Super lightweight & durable body, perfect for both indoor and outdoor flight. Eachine F36 Mini Drone can be easily carried in your pocket and takes up minimal space. It is the best gift for your children
- 3 speeds available – low, medium and high, allows you to choose the speed and power that best suit your flight environment and experience. (low speed for beginner, high speed for professional pilots)
- Notice: at the high speed, the mini drone may be out of reach for small children. Refer to the manual for the height of flight
For Boys and Girls (Black).
22. Potensic A20W Mini Drone
Razor is one of the most popular names in the world of battery-powered electric scooters. They know the ins and outs of motorized tooting, and they make good scooter for kids.
Razor E100S Seated Electric Scooter is an excellent choice for kids who want to pretend to be riding small mopeds.
The Razor E100S Racing Electric Scooter makes use of a rechargeable sealed lead acid battery. This battery allows the Razor E100S to run for about 40 minutes on a charge. The battery is non-serviceable.
23. UDI RC U818A Discovery RC Drone
- Great choice for kids
- Drones with camera for beginners
Great for Kids & Beginners.
Coming in as the best beginner drone is the UDI RC U818A discovery by UDI RC. This is a drone with camera tailored to suit the needs of kids as well as beginner flyers.
This is a toy drone with camera that comes ready to use with a 720p HD camera high definition camera and WIFI function, all that needs to be charged is the drone’s battery and its ready to fly. The drone’s ability to connect to an app on your phone was designed specifically for beginner users as it makes flying it very easy.
24. Mini Drone
- Amazing Headless mode
- Very easy and safe to fly even for absolute beginners
- Batteries not included
- Charge time is a bit long
This drone for kids is a top choice among electric toy drones. The amazing thing about this drone is how great it is for beginners as it can take off on its own and has a very forgiving auto return function.
Total flight time of about 6:00 minutes, which is quite good considering how cheap it is.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best drone to buy for kids?
The best drones for kids are typically those that are light, have a camera, and can be used indoors.
Users have different needs for their kids’ drone and it’s important to understand the differences in these to quickly narrow down the options.
The ideal aerial photography drone for kids is light in weight but strong enough to give your child a fun flying experience. It should be safe enough for indoor play. It should also leave enough space and let your child learn all the controls such as take-off, landing, following, and land.
What is the best drone for 2021?
Kids love toys, and drones are popular toys. Especially in today’s day and age of advancements, kids want to explore and experiment with more than just the traditional toys. Modern kids now want to fly a drone or do something more complex than just play with a doll, but, they still want to have fun.
If your child is asking you for a drone for a present, it is important to get the best drone for kids. Some kids drones are complicated and may provide their little ones with an intense experience that will hurt their confidence and make them disappointed. But, some are fun and engaging, and will teach the kids some new skills while also allowing them to have a good time.
What age is appropriate for a drone?
Most kids, even the under 10-year old age group would love to have a drone to fly around in the air. However, you need to consider the small, low-power propellers on the drone when buying them. Especially due to the increased popularity of drones, there are now drones made for smaller children between the ages of 8-12 years old.
If your kid is younger than 8 years, we recommend you read this article about the best mini RC helicopters for kids to find something better suited for them.
You also need to keep everything compact in size, especially the remote as the kid will use it with small hands. A good choice would be this RC drone.
Which is the best drone for beginners?
If you’re buying a drone for your child, we’d recommend a good-quality drone that is simple and easy to fly. The Syma X5C is perfect for beginners as it comes with a 1GHz camera with 720p resolution, ALTITUDE HOLD function for stable recording, and 2.4GHz wireless remote control.
Additionally, this drone includes a headless mode, which is a key feature for beginners as it helps make adjusting the orientation of the drone easier. The fact that it flies reasonably well in windy conditions also makes it ideal for outdoor and indoor use.
We did not rank them according to price because we thought it would have been unfair to make the low-priced option number one even though it was still a good drone. All the drones on our list have a good camera, an altitude hold setting, a good flying range, and many other features that every drone for kids should have. So read our reviews to get to know the features of all the drones on our list.
|Holy Stone HS210 Mini Drone RC Nano Quadcopter Best Drone||Best Overall|
|98K Hand Operated Drones||Budget Pick|
|Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone||Upgrade Pick|