Whether you need to keep your radar detector powered on the go or you have to keep your cell phone topped off during a weekend trip, serious hikers and outdoorsmen swear by solar battery chargers.
Solar battery chargers provide a simple and convenient solution to extend the life of small devices without having to rely on electricity or batteries.
There’s just one small problem, though — picking the perfect one is not as simple as it sounds. There are dozens of solar battery chargers floating on the market. Some of them are straight-up junk, but the others are the real deal.
To save you the time and hassle of figuring out which solar battery chargers to trust, I’ve come up with a list of the best models that are out there right now.
I’ve broken them down by types and usage for your convenience.
Below, you’ll find great resources that explain the story behind solar battery chargers, the benefits of using a solar charger, the different types of chargers available, and where to buy them.
You’ll also find reviews of some of the best solar chargers on the market.
|Solar Charger 26800mAh||Best Overall|
|Solar Charger,Sethruki 10000mAh Battery Solar Power Bank Portable Panel Charger||Budget Pick|
|DuraVolt Marine Solar Panel Battery Charger||Upgrade Pick|
1. Solar Charger 26800mAh
- Built-in dual multi-function LED
- Build-in 2 flashlights
- 26800mAh battery capacity
- Solar panel and car charger input
- The cleanest interface. Without too many buttons and knobs.
- The battery has a very high milliamp hours (mAh). Which means it can charge regularly used phones in one charge (at least for the first time).
- The battery charges fully quickly. My charging test (I used my Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge for the test) showed that it reached 99% within 2 hours.
- The design is pretty sturdy and eye-catching.
This definitely one of the best portable solar charger because it’s both ultra-light and functional (2 embedded full-size USB ports). The foldable design makes it easy to place and carry around.
2. DuraVolt Marine Solar Panel Battery Charger
- Includes an inverter with 2 USB ports and a 120-Volt AC outlet
- Charges a 12-volt battery for use on boats
- Automatically stores energy in the battery during the day to be used at night
- Stores power even when the power grid goes down due to storms
- Has 2 mounting options: railing and deck
- Offers eight feet of cable for added convenience in placement
- Includes a USB cable for easy connection to devices
- Charges more than one device
- Can get heavy if carrying for long periods of time
- Doubles as a generator, so charging time is longer than solar generators that only work as a battery charger
This is a great all-in-one battery charger made for marine use. It’s a great choice for long-term climates like deserts or places that don’t get as much sun.
The charger promises to store as much solar energy as it can when the sun is out, so you don’t have to depend on it charging everyday. It can also charge even if your power grid goes out during a storm.
3. Solar Charger 26800mAh
- Best portable charger in a small size
- Comes with light indicator
- Can charge a fairly large number of devices
4. Solar Charger
On the left, we have the Outdoor 16 String Lights, which features 16 LED bulbs and an AC adapter that’s included. You have the option to use the string lights both indoors and outdoors. The sun won’t affect the lights at all. Each LED bulb is bright white.
The string lights are long, measuring 8.3ft in length. That gives you a lot of room to play around and design the exact setting you’ll want. The bulbs are on an 8ft string with a 2.5ft connection cable between the LED bulbs and the AC adapter.
The bulbs operate on 3 AA batteries. If you don’t want to bother with batteries, then you can’t use the lights.
5. ENKEEO 50W Solar Charger
- The ENKEEO 50W Portable Solar Panel can be folded into a small size so it’s very convenient to bring along with you on your trips.
- It has a sturdy structure, floating connectors (so you don’t have to worry about getting water in the connection parts), and outstanding performance.
It offers a 5V / 3.0A USB output and two standard phone connections, which normally would have been enough for most users.
If you have a larger smartphone, or a tablet, or a laptop, you can use the included cables separately.
6. Aeiusny 20W Solar Charger Foldable Solar Panel
- Full waterproof “ no leakage
The Aeiusny 20W foldable solar charger is waterproof, dustproof, and a breeze to install. You can just fold out the solar panel and you are ready to start charging devices.
The first thing that you will notice when you come across this solar battery charger is its durability. It is made from durable material and is water resistant meaning that it won’t get damaged even when you expose it to moisture.
Since it comes with dual USB ports, you will never run out of battery while using the solar battery charger. You simply connect the device you want to charge using its 5V3.2A Fast USB ports and let the panel get the job done.
7. TP-solar 30W Foldable Solar Panel Portable Battery Charger Kit
This powerful solar battery charger review has a USB output of 5V/2A and DC output of 15V/3A. These two outputs can charge both GPS, Bluetooth headset, Ipad, Iphone and other electronic devices.
The solar panel is made with high quality 1.6mm cell and durable high efficiency monocrystalline solar panel with an encapsulated chip.
This 30W solar panel has a USB output port and a DC cigarette lighter socket.
8. GRDE Solar Charger,10000mAh Solar Power Bank Portable External Backup Battery Pack Dual USB Solar Phone Charger
- Built in compass
- Includes 2 LED light
The GRDE is one of the best solar battery chargers out there. It has an impressive 10000mAh capacity, which is enough to charge an iPhone 6s six times! The charger also includes a built-in compass and 2 LED lights.
These are great features that make this charger the most popular portable solar power bank on the market.
However, this charger still comes with a couple of drawbacks despite its popularity and features. For example, many first-time users have found out the hard way that the charger doesn’t work the right way, which became an obstacle when they were about to charge their phone.
9. Solar Charger Wireless Power Bank,Waterproof Portable External Battery Pack 10000mAh
- Solar charging is free and environmentally friendly
- Includes 3 foldable solar panels
- Takes about 6 hours to fully charge
- An extra layer of protection with the waterproof feature
- Not too big or too small
- Includes 2 built-in flashlights
- The solar panels are made with high-quality polycrystalline silicon
- Charges the wireless power bank's internal battery
- Can charge 2 things at once
- Comes with a 24-month warranty
10. Solar Charger
Tablets, Laptops, Cameras, Servers, iPads,Gopro Cameras and More (Black).
The unit works well so far when it comes to charging my phone, and having a working brightness light source is an added benefit. It is very lightweight and low-profile, and thus very portable, and even comes with a handle/strap so that you can even carry it like a briefcase.
This is an excellent product to have on the road in case you ever have an emergency and need to get in touch with loved ones, as it charges both Android phones and Apple phones.
11. Battery Tender 12V
- Includes 6-foot cable to connect charger with battery
- Can be attached to stationary objects (like a garage wall) by using screws
- Will not break because its made of solid plastic
- The solar panel seems to be more efficient than many other options
- It can be powered by connecting to any device that is capable of providing 4.5-v
- Can be recharged in less than 10 hours
- Comes with a 12-month limited warranty
- Cannot use a power bank with it because the battery tender brand is a bit picky about its compatibility of products
- Rechargeable batteries are better
- It is not waterproof, so you have to consider how to protect it from rain
The Battery Tender 021-0128 is one of the most popular solar chargers on the market, and with good reason. It’s easy to use, well reviewed, and the cheapest on the market. It does require you to plug it into a power source when using it, but in a pinch, it can serve as a handy emergency charger to use while you’re out camping.
12. Solar Charger
- Portable gome charger
- Capacity: 20000 mAh
The LEO WAY portable solar panel charger will charge your smartphone in a jiffy. It can revitalize your cell phone even when you are more than 30 feet away.
This best solar battery charger has a quality Li-polymer battery cell designed with a portable battery pack in mind. It will power up most of your devices if you are not near a wall outlet.
13. Solar Charger 24000mAh
- Reasonable price for a dual battery charger with USB ports
- Charger safely holds its charge through low temperatures
- This charger is slow to charge devices
- No inverter
The FEELLE portable charger has a 24,000mAh capacity, which is quite large and enough to charge up to 5 devices simultaneously.
The charging ports are all 2.1 Amps, which provides a good charge rate and optimizes the time it takes to charge your devices.
The charger itself is quite large so it will fit into most luggage when traveling.
14. Solar Charger,Sethruki 10000mAh Battery Solar Power Bank Portable Panel Charger
- Strong battery pack
- Good price
The Sethruki 10000mAh Solar Charger is a strong helper in case of emergency or if you are out of battery and need some backup power. It is a good solution for camping or during a music festival, or even in your car if you are charging your mobile phone, tablet or any other USB-powered devices.
The battery pack has a capacity of 10000mAh, perfect to jump start your devices. It has a high-quality lithium battery and can be charged by solar energy – which is a win-win situation. If you are not in the sunlight, this power bank can be charged from an AC or a computer.
The battery pack has a dual USB output of 5V/1.5A. In case you need a higher output, there is a USB charging port for the Lightning cable and a micro USB for charging compatible devices.
15. ECO-Worthy 12 Volt 10 Watt Solar Battery Charger & Maintainer
16. Solar Charger 15000mAh Portable Power Bank
- Lightweight and highly portable
- Stylish and rugged design
- It is incredibly easy to use
- Can charge two devices at the same time
- Long-lasting battery
- Stays cool to the touch
- Can charge my iPhone 5s several times before I had to put it back in the sun
- The charger feels kind of cheap, if I had to pick something. It isn’t very powerful.
- The Micro USB cord is too short.
This is one of the best small solar chargers you can get, it is smaller than I thought it would be but is quite powerful. When I first got it, I was expecting it to be bigger and heavier. I think this solar charger it is very convenient with its small size. It is very easy to take with you because you can put it in a big pocket and you never feel it inside it.
In conclusion, I think this is a great gift to someone you love. I think this is an amazing product. I would recommend it to anyone, it’s perfect for camping even,When you go on long trips you can always have your phone charged.
17. Solar Charger 26800mAh Qi Wireless Portable Solar Power Bank External Backup Battery
- Huge Capacity 26800mAh- Charges An iphone 7 Times and A Macbook Air 1.5 Times.
- Dual Inputs/Dual 5V2.1A/1A charging USB Ports
- Five Lighting Modes For Multiple Devices
- Easy Device Switching
- Auto-Start Tracking Mode
- Lightweight: 1lbs
- Highly-Compact and waterproof design, Perfect for outdoor, camping and More
- 5 Lighting Modes: High Brightness, Low Brightness, Sos, Flash and Beacon
- Output: Type-C*2, micro-USB*1, and USB-A*1.
- Reasonable Price
- Strong Plastic Smell when opened.
- No Automatic Power Off while charging devices.
Camping, Travel, Emergency, Emergency Power Supply.
The Omaker 5th Degree 26,800mAh solar power bank is great for charging you cellphone almost an entire week! Add to it the power of the dual input ports and you'll never run out of power even on a long trip.
It's a great and reliable power backup device to have on any trip or emergency. The five lighting modes are SOS, Flashlight, High, Low, and Beacon. Apart from emergency use, it can also be used for the outdoor enthusiasts, hikers, nature photography and fishing.
18. SUAOKI 12V Solar Car Battery Charger
- Sturdy and durable
- Can charge lithium batteries
- Fast charging
- Can be costly
- Doesn’t charge as quickly as other solar chargers
If you plan on spending a prolonged period of time camping in the wilderness, then your electric gadgets are most likely going to be your buddies.
Keeping them charged is going to be difficult and time-consuming, but the easiest way to do this is with a solar battery charger.
This solar battery charger design comes from SUAOKI, which is a top electronic brand in China, and it’s also one of the best-selling items in the outdoor equipment category.
19. Solar Charger
- Made with high-quality materials
- Very easy to use
- It has a delivery/transport insurance
Phones Tablets, etc.
The Alibaba-recommended 5.5A 5V 19V 3A 4.8A wireless power bank is a versatile charger that can be attached to bag straps so that you don’t have to hold it in your hand.
It is equipped with three USB ports to charge your devices, two of which are 5V A and one 19V A, that serve the function of a wall charger.
20. SUNER POWER Upgraded 12V Waterproof Solar Battery Charger & Maintainer Pro
- Advantages of the solar panels: quiet, safe and clean energy, pollution-free, Abundant and renewable energy source, environmental protection, the can be used for cell phone, iPad, digicam, game console, radio, electric toothbrush, small power supply, etc.
- Suitable for car, small boat, garden light, motorcycle and other electrical equipment
- High conversion efficiency, convert sunlight into electricity at the highest efficiency, the panels generate 1.2-1.6V/100mA and the solar panels is 40% thicker than standard panels, suitable for most devices.
- No battery damage, you can use and charge the battery directly.
- PWM for optimal charging and optimal battery protection, makes your battery stronger and safe.
- Water-proof and Dust-proof, the panel is made of hard-coated polypropylene,
- Output current: 5V@ 2.1A, including charge and discharge function
- Maximum Power: 18W, Maximum Voltage: 30V, Maximum Current: 3.75A,
- On the Amazon given weight of the product comes in at 1.7 kg and it is 130 x 80 x 4cm
- 3 Years Warranty / 18 months no-hassle free replacement guarantee
(100 x 100 x 4 cm)
21. Solar Charger 20000mAh
- 4-Port solar efficiently
- Very lightweight
Camping, Hiking, Emergencies and Other Outdoor Activities.
The Solar Charger 20000mAh, Wireless Portable Power Bank with Dual 2.1A High-Speed Output Ports and 3 Foldable Solar Panels External Backup Battery Waterproof Solar Phone Charger for Outdoors, Camping, Hiking, Emergencies and Other Outdoor Activities is in many ways an average solar battery charger. It has some impressive specs, such as the 20,000mAh capacity, the dual USB ports that are able to plug in two devices at the same time, and the folding solar panels that allow you to charge the battery while camping, in your car, or in the shade of a tree.
What this solar battery charger offers that makes it an interesting option is the ability to connect or disconnect the solar panels, a unique feature that we haven’t seen on any other solar battery charger yet. This is a nice feature, especially with the solar panels’ efficiency under 90%, but it’s also the reason why this charger does not rank higher on our list.
22. Solar Charger 26800mAh
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad and all Android devices
- Has two charging ports
- Includes two essential accessories for easy, safe and convenient use
- Solar panel charges while charging your devices
- Built-in 16000 mAh battery to charge your phone multiple times
- Offers up to 5V/3.1A or 2.1A max output
- No size or weight included
- No case included
Camping, Outdoor Sports.
The sun powers almost everything on our planet, so that makes solar power banks really sustainable. This one from ORYTO is special in that it’s portable and doesn’t weigh much. It charges up in the sun yet powers almost any device you need.
The battery is made of plastic with a rubbery exterior and a glossy finish. It has a glossy, unibody design, which hides scratches and dings, plus, it’s super lightweight, especially when comparing it to regular power banks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do solar battery chargers really work?
Solar battery chargers are generally designed for battery-powered items that require a fairly simple charging method. Solar chargers also have the advantage of being way more environment-friendly, since they don’t use up extra electricity from the grid. They are perfect for outdoors trips and off-grid survival situations.
But despite the wide popularity of solar battery chargers, there are still concerns on whether or not they can deliver what they promise. Many users feel that these solar chargers are unreliable and can’t be counted on, especially when there are very cloudy days. Some users even wonder if solar chargers are really capable of charging a battery at all.
Perhaps the best way to answer these questions is to try one out yourself, so you can be the judge. Overall, the solar battery charger is an interesting idea and works well if it’s built to work in a certain way.
What is the best solar battery charger?
The best solar battery chargers in 2022 will be charged by the sun and fueled by the wind. It depends on how much power you need to charge your battery, however, some of the best products in the market today are able to charge a dead smartphone battery up to 5 times from dead to full.
If you want a solar battery charger that will also power up your tablets, laptops, and other high power electronics, you can get one that charges at a power rate of 10W. This will also charge the batteries of cars and even RVs. You can get one that charges at a power rate of 100W or more if you plan to power up large inverters to supply power to a whole house.
What is the best solar battery on the market?
There are a lot of solar battery charger brands available nowadays. But what makes one better than another? Let’s take a look at some of the most important considerations in choosing the best solar charger for your needs.
First, consider the intended use. For frequent use and heavy charging, you may want to go for a more powerful solar battery. If you’re just using it for an electronic device like a radio or GPS, the more compact and lightweight your charger-to-battery ratio, the better.
Next, consider the power of the panel. The typical panel can be adjusted in terms of tens, hundreds, or thousands of watts. The more watts, the higher you can ramp up the power output. This can be helpful if you’re looking for a faster charge but a less powerful solar panel can work just as well.
Whether you're looking for the best solar battery charger for your Tesla car or you need a portable one, our choice for the top 8 Best Solar Chargers has you covered. They all have different features, parts, and accessories but we believe we have included something for everyone.
|Solar Charger 26800mAh||Best Overall|
|Solar Charger,Sethruki 10000mAh Battery Solar Power Bank Portable Panel Charger||Budget Pick|
|DuraVolt Marine Solar Panel Battery Charger||Upgrade Pick|