The important thing in a top-notch product is definitely a good wireless HDMI transmitter, which we all need if we want an unobstructed view of our TV sets.
This helps though to be very careful and to look out for wireless HDMI transmitters that are of the highest quality and that can do a very good job in transmitting the video and audio signal from our TV sets.
In my reviews you will find wireless HDMI transmitters that are very suitable for a wide range of individuals, including those who have never had any experience with such devices before.
The best news about these wireless HDMI transmitters is that they are very easy to use and you will be able to get a good one without spending a fortune.
On the other hand, in this article you will be able to find information you may need to know about these transmitting devices, so as to give you a good starting point in your search for the best one.
1. Wireless HDMI Video Transmission System
- User friendly instruction
- Great product, works like magic
Professional AV Applications.
Do you have a GoPro camera that needs an external display? Do you have an external memory that needs to be shown on an HD monitor? Do you have a local mobile phone that should be displayed on your TV?
The Hollyland Mars 300 5G is an easy-to-use system that will solve all these problems for you. This kit contains two transmitters and two receivers, so you can connect up to three devices to the TV to show various types of information in a high resolution. This is quite an unusual transmitter, which not only allows you to show video and audio, but you can transmit and display your iPad’s screen on the TV.
2. J-Tech Digital Wireless HDMI Extender 1080p up to 660 ft and IR Remote Extension Transmitter & Receiver Kit Auto-Select Frequencies
- Budget Friendly
- Easy Installation
- Works well with all new versions of HDMI
- Can be re-directed to other devices in case of lost cables
- Small receiver
- High speed and clarity with minimum noise
- No interference
- The receiver is not without needs
- The loss of signal is cause for complaint
- The sound
- The work of control is generally poor
When it comes to headphones, one of the barriers of entry with many people is their price. Many headphones don’t have the technology or the speaker drivers to do justice to their price.
These J-Tech 720p wireless receiver and transmitter pair is the best solution because of its great ability and technology.
The best headset is able to communicate with more than one receiver. So, if you are speaking with the transmitter and the receiver is closer to your ears, you may not hear the right thing you have just said.
3. Wireless HDMI Extender
- Can Transmit Up to 150m
- Very easy to install
- Supports high speed
- Easy to install
- Works as described
- Cheap price
- Hard to find the IR receiver if you mount it behind the TV.
4. gofanco Prophecy 1×2 HDMI Extender Splitter Full HD 1080p Over Cat5e/Cat6/Cat7 Ethernet Cable
The GoFanco Prophecy is our best-selling wireless HDMI dongle. You can use it to transmit video from an HDMI source such as a HDMI camera or satellite receiver to two displays over a Cat5e or Cat6/7 cable it's connected to: one display that is connected to the transmitter via HDMI and one display to receive the HDMI signal from a local receiver.
The GoFanco Prophecy can be used to distribute a live HDMI signal to another display. It supports HDMI resolutions up to 1080p and features a bi-directional IR remote control for local control of HDMI sources.
One of the most popular uses for the GoFanco Prophecy is to watch movies on a second monitor while working on the computer without having to deal with a short HDMI cable.
5. Micca Wireless HDMI Extender 1080P Full HD 330ft Long Range 5GHz Transmitter and Receiver
- Comes with a remote control for wireless operation
- Has an antenna cable for high performance
- You can link and control other compatible devices
- Perfect for presentations, hanging TVs, gaming, and more
- Easily pop in the memory card and walk away, you’ll get a notification
- Very affordable
- Can be used with a laptop, chromebook, gaming device, smartphone, or any other device that has an HDMI port.
- No audio support
- Not as fast as direct wireless connection
- Not suitable for those that want a wired option, it doesn’t come with a standard HDMI port.
The GoFANCO [Transmitter (TX) Box Only] HDMI Transmitter is an incredible machine. It’s compatible with GoFANCO’s Multiplexed Display Receiver, making it a flexible transmitter that can transmit multiple HDMI signals through a single coaxial cable connect a 4-source into a 3-output home theater receiver with no lag between sources!
It can output up to four simultaneous HDMI signals on four individual displays. It transmits up to 165 foot signal to its receiver located somewhere in your setup, and the best part? With multiple receivers, you can expand your signals up to an amazing 20 displays at a time!
This device has ten total channels to choose from frequencies for ease of use! It’s 1.65-meter long cable protects you from electrical interference and is compatible with most HDTVs, Blu-ray players, computer monitors, and projectors.
7. IOGEAR Wireless 4K UHD Ultra-Fast 60GHz HDMI Computer/TV/Projector
- 4K 60Hz Stream
- Auto-Sensing Technology
Streamline your home entertainment with the IOGEAR Wireless 4K UHD USB 802.11AC/B GHz USB 2.0. It's all about getting rid of the cables and this system does that with a few clicks on your remote. The best part is that the audio and video stream through your home WiFi no problem no matter how many walls are in the way.
Installation is easy with Plug and Play technology by simply plugging the transmitter into your display's HDMI port and connecting the USB receiver to your TV or projector. If you have a computer, it can be attached to the transmitter as well and project on your HDTV.
The Wireless 4K UHD USB generates a 60 GHz frequency that streams uncompressed video quality. The most important part, is that it works with any HDMI devices. This includes your TV, projector, or computer. No matter what your display is, you have the ability to transmit a 4K image.
8. Wireless HDMI Transmitter & Receiver
- This device does as it was advertised to do
- It has so many different options
- You do not have to worry about the quality of the pictures
- It is extremely easy to use
- You can connect different cables to it
- It works with different devices
- It is definitely worth your money
- It is not a perfect device
- Loses connection once and a while, but that is pretty rare
- The directions were not very straight-forward, had to do some research to get a bit more understanding, but that can be expected.
This OREI transmitter/receiver is the best wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver for computer and TV that I have tried so far. It has worked better than I would have ever imagined, and the picture quality is perfect. The directions for using are a bit difficult to find, but once you get a grasp of it, you can just let it flow. It is definitely a product that I would recommend to others.
9. gofanco Near Zero Latency 10×1 1080p Wireless HDMI Extender
- Affordable price for being 1080p
- Excellent resolution
- High speed, low latency
- Easy to setup
- Thin and light weight
- Great for streaming presentations or video
- Can link up to 10 transmitters
- Needs to plugged in for power
- Not the best choice for long distances
- Only works up to 66 feet
The gOFanco HDwireless10x1 is one of the best wireless HDMI transmitters on the market. It’s ideal for showing presentations in meetings or classrooms. It allows you to get rid of large, bulky cables to connect laptop to TV or projector.
The HDwireless10x1 is compatible with any other HDwireless transmitters for unlimted expandability. It’s ethernet port is 802.3af compliant. No power cable is needed, as it’s power through the ethernet jack.
This wireless extender comes with one touch presentation switch button and auto channel scanning. The settings allow you to control the video and audio quality. Built-in 3.5mm audio and video ports allow for easy expansion.
10. IOGEAR GWHD11 Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver Kit
- Connects HDTVs up to 65 ft. apart
- Supports point-to-point transmission
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p
- Receives transmission up to 10 meters
- One-touch transmitter and receiver pairing with QR code
- Comes with a carrying case and a 12 months warranty
With the new IOGEAR GWHD11 Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver kit, you’ll be able to send your HD video content to different places around the house.
This device is great for presentations and for situations where having wires would be a problem, such as if you wanted to watch a movie in your backyard.
With its working range of up to 65 feet (the range can be affected by your walls and floors, among other things), you’ll be able to connect to your HDTV screen while relaxing on your couch.
11. Nyrius Aries Pro Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver to Stream HD 1080p 3D Video from Laptop
- Streams 1080p HD video wirelessly
- Comes with a flexible gooseneck
- Easy To Use
- Can be used by non-techies
- Works great with Apple TV
- Can output to multiple HDMI devices
- Encrypted transmission
- Needs an adapter to work with the PS4
- Will not work with Netflix Instant Streaming right away
The Nyrius Aries Pro Wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver perfectly work with most HDMI devices, including the PlayStation 4, Amazon Fire TV, and most DVRs. It even connects to small HDTVs that don’t have HDMI ports.
The Aries Pro is ideal for streaming 1080p HD video from any HDMI device. Because this is a wireless transmisson, you can instantly stream information from laptops, tablets, and smartphones without having to fumble with wires. The range of this transmission is about 50 ft, but that will also vary depending on your environment and your device’s operating system.
You can easily stream your content because its setup is easy. You don’t need to know anything about wires, cables, or electricity. All you need is a HDMI output from your device or laptop and a TV with an HDMI input. It’s that easy.
12. Actiontec Wireless HD Transmitter & Receiver Extender Kit
- Works with every HDMI input
- Runs in both directions
- Relatively affordable for the quality you get
- Excellent streaming quality
- Easy to use
- Small and lightweight
- Compatible with all HDMI devices such as DVD players, Blu-Ray players, PS4, Xbox, cable boxes, and HDTV
- HDMI cables are included
- Not the best choice for any TVs that have a lack of Wi-Fi due to compatibility issues
- Need for two people to set up v well
The Actiontec Wireless HD Transmitter and Receiver Kit is one of the most popular devices for transmitting HD content from DVD players, Blu-Ray players, PS4, and Xbox.
Nowadays it is not rare to see people having more than one source of entertainment at home such as a USB stick, DVD, PS4, Xbox, Blu-Ray player, or any other device. But with Actiontec Wireless HD Transmitter and Receiver, you can connect all HDMI devices wirelessly to your HDTV and stream content from these devices directly without cables. You can even record your favorite TV shows or play any game without any hassle. This device can be used by all HDMI compatible devices. This device also comes with a remote which aids in controlling the HDMI devices connected to the transmitter receiver kit.
13. Nyrius Aries Prime Wireless Video HDMI Transmitter & Receiver
- Transmit good quality video
- Set up is pretty easy
- Small and compact remote control
- Has decent range resolution
- Doesn’t need software
- Works with a wide variety of media players.
- Supplied USB transmitter is powered by host and offers seamless power to the transmitter.
- Easy to use options.
- Seems to need a lot of power from devices, specially if you are using USB transmitters.
- Doesn’t have wireless transmitter.
- A little flimsy remote (but still decent).
- Needs to be configured to your device’s video output mode.
This product is the Nyrius Aries Prime, and it is one of the better products on the wireless HDMI transmitter market.
While there are many products that do the exact same thing, there are a few key differences that make this product stand out from the others. These differences include the ability to support 1080p and 3D video, as well as a full-functional remote.
The remote control makes it very easy to switch the mode of the video transmitted from different devices. This is particularly useful for laptop users because many times the video output is not set up correctly potentially causing the video to play at the wrong angle or in the wrong format.
14. J-Tech Digital Wireless HDMI Dongle/Adapter/Extender Kit Supporting 1080p 164'
- Can change orientation & fix any vcd/dvd player or pc/laptop/tv
- No delay & Near none latency
- Support 1920x1080p and upgraded 8MHz
- Support 120 degrees IR trandhrough function
- Complete security for hdcp, EDID and Infrared control
- Support 3D and 4K signals
- Connect with HDMI cable
- No compatibility with PS3, Xbox 360, Blu-ray players, Apple TV, set-top boxes, or PC/Mac computers.
According to many experts, this is the best wireless HDMI transmitters for laptops & computers. JTech Digital Wireless HDMI Dongle makes all the distance up to 164ft away is completely no problem. All you need is to use the included IR pass through, and you can control the source menu with your original remote. You don’t need to worry about the distance and any interference coming from walls or other room objects.
15. OREI 4K UltraHD Wireless HDMI Transmitter Extender Receiver ProLink Technology Supports Full HD 4K @ 60Hz
- Supports Full HD 4k 60Hz Resolution
- Easy to set up
The OREI 4K UltraHD Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver combo offers an affordable way of transferring your content from one big screen to 6-7 small screens at the same time.
It is specially designed to transmit Full HD and ultra-high resolution 4K. This makes it a powerful tool for people who dislike wires.
Here is how it works. You plug the transmitter into your HDMI source and then connect the receiver with the HDMI screens in different rooms. In addition, the transmitter and receiver work just as a remote for your source, which means they are solely operated with an IR remote, an enclosed IR remote to be precise.
16. SIIG CE-H23Q11-S1 Wireless HDMI Extender Kit 98Ft 30M Supporting 4K @30Hz HDCP 1.4 CEC 60GHz Frequency-Transmitter and Receiver
- Easy to use and install
- Easy to use and install
- Moreover, it can make a hidden network network
- Hard to follow the instructions
- Not easy to configure
If you want a HDMI Extender that works well especially with a Sony TV, then this is the one you should buy. The SIIG CE-H23Q11-S1 will give you a great way to make your existing HDMI equipment connect with the TV as well as share your devices over Wi-Fi.
Most of all, this HDMI Extender has a wide range of frequency supporting from 60Ghtz to 860Ghtz, which makes it compatible with 4k 60HZ.
If you want to stream online games from your PS4 to TV, watch streaming movies on TV, connect the PS4 to TV with mouse and keyboard, play any games on a larger screen, and watch 4k movies, then this is the best HDMI Extender for you.
17. WeJupit Mini Wireless HDMI Extender Kit
The WeJupit Mini Wireless HDMI Transmitter and Receiver are a great solution for those who want to stream videos or play video games on their TV. It’s a true plug and play solution which sets up in 5 minutes and the content plays automatically.
The Wireless HDMI Kit is Type-A to Type-C and has a 15m (50ft) transmitting distance in a clear line of sight from the transmitter to the receiver, which is great. The receiver’s HDMI 1.4 port supports all resolutions and video modes including 480i/p, 720p, 1080i/p, 3D, 4K, and 3D.
The supplied HDMI cable doesn’t get tangled or stretched, which is a nice touch. The kit works with PCs, Macs, DVD players, PlayStations, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and many more.
18. gofanco 426ft HDMI Extender 1080p Over a Single CAT5e/CAT6/CAT7 Ethernet Cable
- Clear picture
- Easy to set up and use
The goFANco HDMI cable is 4K compatible. The hardware/cable quality seems fine, the signal clarity is good at 1080P for the price.
The package comes with a power adapter with overload protection, HDMI cable, IR cable, and male/female HDMI cables. This cable lets you extend your HDMI up to 100M (328ft).
The range at 100M seems fairly good for HD 720p/ 1080p at 10-30ft. 9ft to 30ft rooms.
19. Orei Wireless Pro UltraHD HDMI Extender Transmitter & Receiver Dongle
- Easy to setup
- No wires
- Long range
- Full HD
- No captions
- Not compatible with Blu-Ray’s remote control
This WiFi HD extender kit from Orei is top notch in terms of quality and performance. It is the very best solution for anyone looking to add wireless technology to their cable company’s HD cable box and HDMI equipped HDTV.
Using this device is relatively easy, anyone can do it, and it is able to transmit high definition videos from an HD cable box to an HDTV or projector almost instantly.
This Orei wireless HD extender also has an impressive max output of 1080p which is nothing short of outstanding. For instance, you can expect 1080p at 30Hz and 4K at 24Hz. The power indicator on the transmitter is also accurate.
20. HDMI Wireless Extender
21. Diamond Multimedia Wireless HDMI USB Powered Extender Kit
- TV Transmitter & Receiver
- Easily stream video and audio
- No wires, no installation
- Connect a wireless mouse
- Quick and easy to set up
- Wireless distance of 30 ft
- Power supply 8V DC power and USB 2.0
- Range of 40 feet
- LED indicator on receiver
- No interference with other devices
- No instructions included
- No power requirement on transmitter (includes on receiver)
- Audio delay about 1-2 seconds
- Software is not Mac compatible (no optical input)
If you are in the market for a cost-effective wireless HDMI extender kit, this option from Diamond Multimedia could be a good choice.
This extender kit allows users to stream video and audio from their laptop, PC, cable box, Satellite box, Blu-ray, DVD, PS4, Xbox (VS50) and other HDMI devices to an HDTV.
This kit is fairly easy to set up. All you need to do is to connect the USB transmitter to your laptop or a compatible USB source. This transmitter is also wireless so you can move it around the room.
22. measy Wireless HD Transmitter and Receiver Wireless Audio Video HD Extender up to 30M/100Feet Support 1080P 3D Video from Laptop PC PSP Xbox Camera to Projector HDTV Monitor
- One Device Two Applications
- HDMI Transmitter and Receiver
- Easy and Simple to use
- Innovative Design
- Incompatible with 2.4G/5G routers/Wi-Fi hotspots.
The measy HDMI Transmitter and Receiver are a very interesting product for those of you who want to extend the range and quality of their HDMI signal while being able to hide the cables behind the walls.
They have been specially designed to send a HDMI signal through a Cat5e/ Cat6 cable up to 30 meters, which is indeed very impressive.
This offer is especially ideal for those of you own a projector, or for those of you who want to install a projector in another room or outside your home.
23. MPIO Wireless HDMI Display Dongle Adapter
- Easy to use
- Great picture quality
The MPIO Wireless HDMI Display Dongle is just one of the most popular streaming devices out there that can connect your mobile device to your TV wirelessly. It sports an HDMI connector that can be connected to your HD TV using an HDMI cable.
This is what makes it the ideal option for casual users who just want to watch Netflix or Hulu on their TV… and don’t want to deal with unwieldy solutions such as Chromecast or the Apple TV.
It’s also a winner for people that live in small spaces and don’t want to miss out on the streaming fun because they don’t have enough space for a set-top box.
24. PGFUN 4K Wireless Display Dongle Adapter,5GHz+2.4GHz WiFi Portable Display Receiver HDMI Screen Mirroring Compatible
- IPX4 water resistant design
- Support multi multi-screen systems
- Support android,windows and IOS system
- Voice control and auto-connect
- Support the control of robot vacuum cleaner
- Support surround sound music ability
- Support auto screen masking function(mobile support)
- Support to turn devices into a remote output sound loudspeaker
- Support the first generation of 'huawir' and 'compatible' intelligent led light
- IPX4 waterproof design,can be used for bathroom mirror or car windshield or indoor
With the PGUN 5GHz network and another 2.4GHz network combined, the transmission of this product is faster and more stable. It allows you to connect to the screen from anywhere and anytime no matter wireless routers, any mobile, tablet computers or other different devices. It does not require a PC, it is not limited by WIFI.
This tiny transmitter allows you to connect smart-phone with wireless network projector, HD TV, PC, Mac, Laptop, Airplay, Miracast, DLNA and other devices.
25. gofanco Prophecy 1080p HDMI Extender Over a CAT5e/CAT6/CAT7 Cable
- Easy to use
- Easy to install
If you would like to add extra displays for your HDMI devices without paying extra money, you may want to consider getting a HDMI transmitter for your long HDMI cables.
You have probably noticed that the cheap ones are not equal to the more expensive models. However, the GoF-Best extender model brings a lot of value to your money without any significant shortcomings.
The 1080p unit does what it says it can do and there are no complaints about its quality. Installation is a cinch and so is its configuration.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best HDMI wireless transmitter?
An HDMI wireless transmitter is a device used to transfer digital audio and video signals wirelessly. It can display video and audio transmitted from an existing source to devices without using a physical connection. Whether the HDMI source is a cable or satellite set-top box, video game consoles, satellite receiver, or personal computer, a wireless HDMI transmitter allows you to view and listen to your favorite shows and movies in any room of your house.
There are many wireless HDMI transmitters on the market. They generally come with benefits like being wireless, ease of use, long distance, and high definition. However, you need to be careful with what you choose because not all of them are reliable.
How well does wireless HDMI work?
The technology for wireless HDMI started to gain popularity in 2015/2016 and this year, more and more wireless HDMI transmitters are released and added into the market. The reason that these are becoming popular in the market is because nowadays, there are more and more customers are accessing the HD system. The mainstream HD system should be in high-definition videos to watch and these types of game consoles are no exception. Therefore, the wireless HDMI for gaming has taken over.
The HDMI transmitter can be used to power small HD displays usually used for computer even though they can also drive much larger ones. The range of the wireless is usually set at around 30 feet.
The wireless HDMI technology could also be applied to LCD TVs in your house as long as the device can run HD video content. Therefore it is considered as a fast solution for running house devices with HDMI without struggling with wires and running out of plugs. The devices are also easy to set and easy to use.
How do I make a wireless HDMI transmitter and receiver?
Most people set up a wireless HDMI transmitter with a matching receiver in order to stream HD video and audio from one device to another. You can set up a wireless HDMI transmitter automatically with the help of HDMI-CEC technology.
It was first used in electronic products in the late 1990s and has been in use ever since. The technology utilizes a standard protocol to automatically connect devices through HDMI cables. If your TV does not have an HDMI-CEC technology, then you will have to connect the receiver and transmitter manually.
How do I transmit TV signal to another room?
Having entertainment options at home is not complete without having a home theater. This is especially true if you have a big family and spend most of your down time at home watching movies, TV shows, and other programs on the big-screen. Having a home theater will not be complete with the home theater sound system but if you’re like most people, you’ll also want something more.
You want the experience to extend beyond just watching the big screen. Moreover, you also don’t want to crowd the living room with more devices where you can enjoy your program. This is where wireless streamers come in. With a good wireless HDMI transmitter, you can have your favorite programs stream into another room with the same quality and clarity without needing more cables.
There are a lot of factors to consider when looking for a wireless HDMI transmitter for your home theater setup. You need to consider image quality, range, and overall clearness of sound and picture. There are plenty of wireless HDMI transmission devices out there at a range of prices; you just want to make sure you're getting your money's worth. Our list covers a range of budgets from inexpensive to very expensive, but all of them have the best quality.