It's been long overdue, but today we finally got around to publishing our expert review on the SteelSeries Arctis 3 Bluetooth.
Let’s see why it’s such a popular product.
- Comfortable design that doesn’t put strain on your ears and head.
- 10 hours battery life
- Easy to switch between wired and wireless connections
- Lightweight design
- Easy customization with the SteelSeries Engine 3 software.
- First-time users may have difficulty figuring out the controls
- They’re a little big for smaller heads.
- The base and the surround sound features only work in PC mode.
- No microphone mute option.
- The headset’s software needs several updates before it becomes a full-fledged audiophile tool.
There is one word that has been repeated throughout this book: versatility.
A gaming headset should be able to withstand the rigors facing the user in a variety of different environments. You want a headset that will work with PC, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, as well as PlayStation 4 and mobile devices like the recently released iPhones.
The Arctis 3 is a great headset that should handily meet the demands of the modern gamer.
The contours of the ear cups and the headband provide incredible comfort and the sound to match, thanks to the 50mm drivers with neodymium magnets designed to provide great sound quality.
The microphone is able to pick up very low-frequency sounds that are difficult for a standard microphone to pick up. This should allow users to completely cut out background noises so they can focus on communicating with their teams or recording streaming.
The headset also works with the SteelSees ASTRO platform that allows the user to use the headset with two devices simultaneously. This means you will be able to use the headset on your console of choice with a mobile device like the iPhone.
The headset also has Bluetooth support for wireless audio connections for those who play on laptops or PCs.
This headset is incredibly versatile and able to meet the needs of users in a variety of different environments.
Not what you’re looking for? Read our roundup review: The Best Bluetooth Headsets (2022 Reviews)